We wanted to reassure you all that we are still OPEN and treating patients!
We would ask all patients visiting the clinic to support me by ensuring:
- All patients and relatives use the sink found straight in front of you, as you enter the clinic – for a minimum of 20 seconds or 2 verses of happy birthday!
- If you or anyone you have been in close contact with has recently travelled abroad in the last 2 weeks, I ask you to not attend your podiatry appointment and to rebook in 2 weeks’ time.
- If you have a new, persistent cough, or a fever of over 37.8 degrees, please self-isolate for a week and reschedule your appointment for a fortnights time. For the time-being we are waiving the cancellation policy, although naturally the more notice the better please!
- Where possible please pay by card as oppose to cash or cheque at this time thus reducing the interaction for us all with multi touch items
As for us – you can rest assured we will be completing the same hygienic precautions we do on a daily basis including:
- Handwashing before and after patients
- All surfaces are cleaned between patients including door handles to the clinic room
- Fresh set of sterilised instruments
- Clinic thoroughly cleaned before the clinic and at the end of the clinic
- We have removed all magazines from our waiting rooms
What about the coming weeks and months?
There is obviously the chance we may have to self-isolate, if we develop any symptoms (although we are doing everything to avoid it – it seems likely to be inevitable). If this was to happen, we will contact each patient booked for that week as soon as possible and will be putting on extra clinics to ensure these patients are rescheduled as soon as possible in accordance to the government advice with this virus. So, if you have an appointment coming up over the next few months please ensure we have your correct contact details.
We are also looking into the possibility of video/phone appointments. Please keep an eye on here and on our Facebook page for further details.
Thank you all for your cooperation, stay well and let’s hope this is all a distant memory soon.